Information for Owners
Our qualified team of leasing agents and property managers will ensure your property is well looked after. We have strict tenant qualification parameters, a network of vendors who we've worked with for over 20 years and a competent office based team to meet your property management needs.
Our Schedule of property management services and fees are listed below. You can contact us at any time and we can talk you through the entire process and answer any questions you may have. Read our customer testimonials too.
Schedule of Property Management Services
• Print media (Seattle Times/P.I, Seattle Weekly, neighborhood newspaper rental is located)
• Electronic media – All listings are posted on our website at Applepropertymanagement.com, Craigslist and various other web sites. Pictures are attached to each listing.
• An “APM For Rent” sign is posted in front of the property.
• Prior to showings, prospective tenants are pre-qualified over the telephone according to the restrictions of the property (pets, smokers) and an appointment to show the property is made. If interested, application is processed and verified.
• Credit and criminal background checks are made. Previous rental history and employment are verified.
• In accordance with Washington State trust law, the security deposit is deposited into a non-interest bearing trust account. Said deposit shall not be used as last months rent.
• Rent is collected on the first of each month. A late fee of $50.00 is assessed after the fifth of the month.
• An interior inspection is made the first six months of each initial tenancy. Inspections will continue if needed. Exterior drive-byes are more frequent.
• Hire, oversee & approve all work orders on said rental. Independent contractors.
Licensed, bonded and insured vendors are used.
• Any payments related to the rental property, including Mortgage, insurance, taxes, utility billings, homeowner’s dues, in accordance with the owner’s instructions.
Statements & deposits
• Apple Property Management uses Yardi Property Management software which provides a detailed income and expense report.
• Rental income can be mailed to the owner, deposited into a bank account or kept in your rental account.
Schedule of Property Management Fees
- One-time bookkeeping set up fee, to be established per property.
For single family homes the fee is $45.00.
For 2-6 unit buildings the fee is $65.00.
For 7-15 unit buildings the fee is $85.00.
Anything larger is negotiable.
- Leasing Commission - One half of the first months rent.
- Actual newspaper advertising costs.
- Monthly Management - 9% of the monthly income per building.
You have just read through all of our services and fees. Contracts are sent by individual request. Please email Apple if you want to review our Management Agreement Contract.
Contact us for more help and personal recommendations.